Dean's Office - School of Social Sciences
As the dean’s office, we advise and support the Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology departments. We are the central Service and Administration unit within the School of Social Sciences.
We see ourselves as a point of contact that links teachers, students, employees, university administration, and the President's Office.
By providing a broad range of information, we support the members of our School as well as anybody else who is interested.
Our comprehensive services contribute to the improvement and continuous development of the quality of degree programs, teaching, and research at the School. We not only represent the School internally in the context of self-governance processes, but also externally.
Our areas of responsibility include:
Degree program management and service
- advising, selecting, and admitting applicants
- academic advising, and supporting students and graduates on issues relating to their studies
- coordinating international cooperations and student exchanges
- business and internship cooperations
- providing advice on job applications and careers
- teaching in practical modules
School management and service
- public relations (reports, information material, press, website)
- School reporting
- planning, managing, and controlling School funds
- staff planning
- managing appointment procedures
- administrating and supporting bodies (the dean's office, the school council, the committee on student affairs and teaching, the doctoral committee, the habilitation committee, the admissions committee, and examination committees)
- organizing and holding elections for bodies
- quality management, rankings, teaching evaluations, student workload surveys, and accreditation
- administrating doctoral and habilitation processes and providing advice for candidates
- providing support on course planning, including room management
- providing advice and support on the student portal
- coordinating the internationalization strategy
- organizing and holding graduation ceremonies
- providing administrative support to junior professors
Organization chart of the Dean's Office
You can download the pdf version of the organization chart here: Organization chart of the Dean's Office of the School of Social Sciences.
University of Mannheim
School of Social Sciences
Phone: +49 (0621) 181-1998
Fax: +49 (0621) 181-1997
Office hours (A5, 6; part A; room 407-9)
Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 12:00
- Campus Plan (English) - University of Mannheim